This wikisite contains public catalogs and software related to the the SDSS Stripe 82 Variable Stars project at JHU. It is intended as a companion to the following papers:
- Variable Point Sources in Sloan Digital Sky Survey Stripe 82. I. Project Description and Initial Catalog (0 h < \alpha < 4 h) -- (ADS) (arXiv) (local PDF)
- Variable Point Sources in Sloan Digital Sky Survey Stripe 82. II. The Full Light-curve Catalog and some Applications (in prep)
Please email Waqas Bhatti (waqas /\ pha /\ jhu /\ edu; substituting as necessary for the symbols) with questions, comments, or concerns.
- 10/25/2011: All periodic variable catalogs have been updated after a reprocessing of the light-curve catalog. There are now 161 new periodic variables; details at Tables of all Periodic Variables. There is a new search engine implemented for the variable point source catalog and available at: http://shrike.pha.jhu.edu/cat-search/var-search. This is still in testing, but should work nicely for most queries. More functionality will be rolled out incrementally. Eclipsing Binary Light-curve Modeling will be updated with new objects soon.
- 08/22/2011: Eclipsing Binary Light-curve Modeling is now nearly finalized. Software will be updated soon.
- 01/05/2011: Summary Catalogs have been updated. Browse links for all variable objects in the Variable Point Source Light-curve Catalog have been added. Image cutouts in Tables of all Periodic Variables are now loaded from local storage instead of queries to SDSS. Eclipsing Binary Light-curve Modeling and Software will be updated in the coming weeks...
- 12/21/2010: The following links have been updated with objects from the full catalog: Tables of all Periodic Variables, Variable Point Source Light-curve Catalog, and Main Light-curve Catalog. Other updates coming soon...
- 12/03/2010: We're in the process of updating this website to incorporate our full light-curve catalog and detected periodic variables. Some links may not work temporarily.